Fox, Turner and BeIN Sports Battle it Out for Chilean Football

Imager
by @todotvnews the 12/09/2017
0
printer

According to Chilean news platform El Mercurio, these three would be the finalists in the race to become the new owner of Canal del Fútbol's rights in Chile, for which they'd pay around a billion dollars.

Same as in Argentina, where Turner Latin America and Fox Networks Group Latin America acquired the TV rights to the first division football games in April; in Chile, the National Professional Football Association (ANFP) is going down a similar path.
 
And these past few days, the process to grant the TV rights currently owned by the Canal del Fútbol (CDF) network –which includes the ANFP championships- has taken a new turn.
 
According to local news platform El Mercurio in its Sunday edition, there are three finalists in the race for Chilean football's TV rights, which have been chosen to move on to the final stage.
 
The number at stake is "close to one billion dollars," the outlet says.
 
The three finalists would be Fox, Turner (which owns the Chilevision and CNN Chile networks in Chile) and BeIN Sports, by Al Jazeera.
 
The rest of the interested parties are reportedly out of the competition, with major names such as Liberty (owner of VTR), ESPN and Univision. 
 
CDF is currently owned by ANFP (80%) and a large group of investors led by Jorge Claro (the remaining 20%).
 
According to El Mercurio, offers can be submitted until September 30th, with a potential extension. 
 
  • @todotvnews

    To be the link between the main players in the entertainment industry is not an easy task. It means creating a platform aimed at a group of highly informed and demanding professionals. But with great effort and commitment, we did it.

comments powered by Disqus Link
Digital Magazine
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider
  • right-slider

LATEST videos
more videos