The 59th annual Miptv will take place in Cannes on April 4 to 6, 2022, with MIPDoc and MIPFormats taking place in parallel to the event.
RX France (formerly Reed Midem) today confirmed details for the 59th annual Miptv to take place in-person in Cannes from 4-6 April 2022.
Reshaped plans address evolving exhibitor needs as well as providing further context, insights and relevance in areas such as development and financing.
– The introduction of a reformatted 3-day business-efficient schedule that will also see MIPFormats and MIPDoc – previously held the weekend prior to the market – rolled into the main Miptv programme in the Palais des Festivals.
– MIPDrama, the 7th edition of the annual premium showcase of the most anticipated high-end drama series (all genres including Comedy), providing international buyers an exclusive first look at a curated selection of upcoming drama series at early-stage of production to take place on Sunday 3 April.
– The physical return of the International Format Awards in association with C21Media, FRAPA, MIPFormats & Entertainment Masterclass.
– Season 05 of Canneseries (1-6 April), the international TV series Festival.
– Esports BAR, the esports industry’s largest global B2B gathering, running alongside the market – bringing esports leaders, global brands (and synergies) of an international content development market and one of the entertainment world’s fastest growing sectors to Cannes.
– A transformed layout featuring a new exhibition floorplan alongside newly curated flexible meeting spaces within the Palais des Festival to accommodate a more engaging and holistic business environment.
“It is both hugely exciting and very timely to be able to now realise our ambitions for reshaping Miptv. We believe the MIP community needs the Miptv platform this Spring more than ever as the global meeting point for their business. My role is to make sure that the MIP experience continues to excite and deliver as we evolve and streamline the format,” comments Lucy Smith, RX France’s Director of Miptv & Mipcom.
“The overriding feedback from Mipcom was that Cannes is irreplaceable in the hearts and minds of the international television community. The personal side of our business has never been so missed and the opportunity to meet again collectively has never been so valued. Whilst models may change over time, this remains a constant with Miptv poised to welcome more companies back to Cannes as further countries lift restrictions.”
“Our progressive plans build on all that is loved about Cannes, and its standing as the red-carpet capital of the world, whilst evolving to give greater flexibility, cost efficiencies and a broader canvas of opportunities at a key time in the industry calendar.”
Miptv looks to build on the success of, and take learnings from, last month’s Mipcom, the television industry’s biggest global sales and development market and the first major market to be staged in person since the pandemic. Mipcom saw over 4500 delegates, including 1200 buyers and 145 stands from 35 countries returning to Cannes to buy, sell, network and gain invaluable insights.
Plans for Spring also include coherent and comprehensive Covid-19 safety measures, which were successfully implemented at Mipcom and will be continuously reviewed, updated and refined ahead of Miptv.