1. Disney Beats Netflix in Total OTT Subs
The group presented its financial results for the second quarter of the year, in which it reached 221.1 million total subscribers for Disney+, Disney+ Hotstar, Hulu and ESPN +, surpassing Netflix and its 220.7 million. In addition, it announced a price increase in the US and the launch of its AVOD version for December 8. Read more.
2. CJ ENM Strikes Content Deal with TelevisaUnivision
The new deal will see several Korean series making their way into the Hispanic giant’s streaming platform, ViX. Read more.
3. Apple TV+ Orders New Spanish Series from Bambú Producciones
Currently in pre-production in Spain, the six-episode drama Land of Women is the studio’s second project for the OTT platform following Now and Then. Read more.
4. A+E Networks to Launch First True Crime Streaming Service
With over 1,000 hours of premium programming and local originals, Crime+Investigation Play will launch in the UK on September 5. Read more.
5. Telemundo’s La casa de los famosos Ends with Over 1.6 Million Viewers
The finale made Telemundo the number one Spanish-language network in the US during its broadcast and the second overall regardless of language. Read more.