1. Disney+ Adds 7.9 Million Subs, Readies 200 Originals in LatAm
The Walt Disney Company presented its financial results for the second quarter of the year, announcing that its OTT platform reached 137.7 million clients worldwide and that it has 500 original titles in development, 200 of which come from Latin America. Read more.
2. Paramount+ Wraps Filming New Argentine Original Series, Medusa
Filmed in multiple locations in different cities of Buenos Aires, the original series is a Viacom International Studios production for the platform. Read more.
3. Monte-Carlo Festival Announces Jury, Full Agenda
The 61st Monte-Carlo Television Festival will to be held from 17-21 June at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. Read more.
4. TelevisaUnivision and The Mediapro Studio to Produce Originals for ViX+
The first titles under this alliance are Las pelotaris and La sangre y la gloria. Read more.
5. EO Media and BlackBox Multimedia to Develop Original Series about Dinamic Software
The Latin and British producers have optioned the rights to the book La historia de Dinamic through Scenic Rights, to develop into an original series. Read more.
6. Parrot Analytics: Netflix Leads Originals Demand, Disney Inches Closer
Backed by its Marvel and Star Wars originals on Disney+, and the bundle with Hulu and ESPN+, Disney continues to grow in terms of demand in the global market. In this context, Parrot Analytics views Disney as one of the three media conglomerates -along with Netflix and Warner Bros. Discovery- with the best long term outlook. Read more.