1. HBO Max to Launch in Latin America in June 2021
WarnerMedia announced that it will launch its long-awaited OTT platform in 39 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, which will become the platform’s first international territories. Read more.
2. Eccho Rights Lands New Sales for Love Child
The international distributor announced deals with three Nordic public broadcasters for the Australian drama series. Read more.
3. Canneseries Announces New Dates for Fourth Edition
Due to the evolution of the Covid-19 pandemic, the event’s organization has moved its date to October 8 to 13, instead of its original dates in April. Read more.
4. Belgium’s VTM Acquires Rights to Marble Mania
Following a successful launch in the Netherlands and a sale to Germany, Talpa closed a deal with Belgium’s VTM for a local production of the marble racing format. Read more.
5. Animation from Spain Participates in Kidscreen and Launches 2021 Guide
The virtual edition of the Kidscreen Summit will feature the participation of 12 Spanish animation companies under the Animation from Spain umbrella, which is also launching its Who is Who 2021 Guide. Read more.
6. Banijay’s LEGO Masters to Be Adapted in Two New European Countries
The new competition format will be developed in Denmark and Finland, following local versions in the US, UK, Australia, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden, Poland and France. Read more.
7. Huge Success for Global Agency’s Cash or Splash in Tunisia
The format has been airing on Tunisian pay TV network, El Hiwar Ettounsi TV, registering notable ratings on Friday nights. The network has already confirmed a second season. Read more.
8. Netflix Announces Insiders, its First Reality Show From and For Spain
It’s an original format that will be produced by iZen, a group to which Zebra Producciones (El Cid) belongs, and that will give away a prize of 100,000 euros. Read more.