1. Penthera: What’s the Secret to Ensuring OTT Success in Latin America?
In its newest Latin America Streaming Behavior Survey, the consultancy firm unveils the biggest trends among OTT users in the region and what their main demands are for service providers: mobile apps, downloadable content, good user interface and ads that represent them. Read more.
2. Comcast and ViacomCBS Launch New SVOD, SkyShowtime
The new platform will launch in select European territories including Spain, Portugal, The Nordics, Netherlands, Central and Eastern Europe starting in 2022; offering content from Sky, NBCUniversal, Universal Pictures, Peacock, Paramount+, SHOWTIME, Paramount Pictures, and Nickelodeon. Read more.
3. Atresmedia Succeeds with New Turkish Premieres on Antena 3
Bitter Lands and Innocents, premiered in July on the group’s main chain, are leaders in their timeslots and confirm Spanish audiences’ ongoing interest in Turkish dramas. Read more.
4. Telefe to Premiere Turkish Drama Hercai
The ATV drama will make its debut “very soon” on the Argentine channel. Read more.
5. Univision to Premiere Televisa's La desalmada
The series will premiere on the Hispanic network on Monday, August 23. Read more.
6. Control Z and Valeria Among Most Demanded OTT Series of the Week
Leader of the ranking last week, Mexican Netflix series Control Z took fifth place in TV Time’s Binge Report, while Spanish series Valeria, also by Netflix, placed third in the Shows on the Rise ranking. Read more.
7. Eccho Rights’ Honour to Premiere in Japan
Produced by Bigster for Nordic Entertainment Group’s Viaplay, the Swedish drama will make its debut on Japanese SVOD service, Wowow On Demand. Read more.