1. Univision Inks First-Look Deal with Eugenio Derbez for its OTT Platform
Under the agreement, Univision will have the first look at all Spanish-language television and theatrical motion picture projects controlled by 3Pas Studios and Derbez, including movies and series for SVOD (subscription video-on-demand) or theatrical releases Read more.
2. StarzPlay and SPT to develop 8-part premium series, XRey.
It will be based on the Spanish podcast and will tell the story of King Juan Carlos I. Read more.
3. Disney+ Original, El club de Los Graves, Is Now Filming
The Latin American series is produced by TeleColombia and features musician Carlos Vives as the main character. Read more.
4. Netflix Unveils First Look at Rainbow, its new Spanish Original Film
The film directed by Paco León and starring Dora Postigo, Áyax Pedrosa, Wekaforé Jibril, Carmen Maura, Carmen Machi, Luis Bermejo, Hovik Keuchkerian, Samantha Hudson, Carmina Barrios and Soraya Yasmin has finished filming. Read more.
5. Buendía Estudios and Malvalanda Team Up to Produce Conexo
The adaptation of the novel by Carlos García Miranda is already in the script development stage, written by the author himself. Read more.
6. Pantaya Joins YouTube TV in the US
The OTT platform specialized in premium content in Spanish can be hired as an add-on for US $ 5.99 a month. Read more.
7. Darío Turovelzky and Iñaki Vicente to Lead Chilevisión
Turovelzky will oversee both Chilevisión and Argentina’s Telefe, while Vicente was named VP and director of Chilevisión, and will report to Turovelzky. They will both report to JC Acosta, President of ViacomCBS International Studios and Networks Americas. Read more.