1. MarVista and Elefantec Announce Partnership to Produce films in Spanish
The US studio and Pepe Bastón’s new company are already working on 15 films in Spanish and another 30 in development. Read more.
2. HBO Spain Wraps Filming for Todo el otro, a New Max Original
The series, created by and starring the up-and-coming Abril Zamora, is produced by Mandarina for WarnerMedia. Read more.
3. WarnerMedia and Discovery Announce Merger
Both companies surprised the industry this Monday by announcing a merger by which they will combine all their assets to create a giant capable of shaking the market. Read more.
4. The Innocents Sets Premiere in Chile
On May 25, TVN will become the first Latin American screen to premiere Almas heridas, the latest Turkish hit by TRT, distributed by Mistco. Read more.
5. Mediaset Spain Acquires Calinos’ Our Story
This is the fourth Turkish drama distributed by Calinos Entertainment that has been acquired by the Spanish group. Read more.
6. Helen Jurado Promoted to VP of Content Sales, Latam and US Hispanic at A+E Networks
The executive joined the company back in 2017 and will now spearhead its content sales across Latin America and the US Hispanic markets, reporting to Ellen Lovejoy, SVP and Head of Sales, Americas. Read more.
7. Amazon Announces New Spanish Docuseries: El desafío: 11M
After having broadcast El desafío: ETA, Amazon Prime Video announced a new collaboration with Par Producciones (formerly Cuerdos de Atar Producciones) for a documentary series now focused on the 11M attacks in Madrid. Read more.
8. Onza to Distribute New Docuseries Palomares Internationally
Onza Distribution has signed an agreement with Movistar+ for the international sale of its new documentary series Palomares: The Atomic Bomb Fiasco. Read more.